Saturday 27 December 2014

Excuses

People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives.

I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don't have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn't pawn this off on anybody. I'm sorry it happened. And I hurt people.
Louie Anderson

Leadership - leadership is about taking responsibility, not making excuses.
Mitt Romney

Ninety-nine percent of the failures come from people who have the habit of making excuses.
George Washington Carver

Excuses change nothing, but make everyone feel better.
Mason Cooley

It doesn't matter if you come from the inner city. People who fail in life are people who find lots of excuses. It's never too late for a person to recognize that they have potential in themselves.
Benjamin Carson

The day you take complete responsibility for yourself, the day you stop making any excuses, that's the day you start to thetop.
O. J. Simpson

We first fought... in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

The real man is one who always finds excuses for others, but never excuses himself.
Henry Ward Beecher

Peer pressure and social norms are powerful influences on behaviour, and  they are classic excuses.
Andrew Lansley

He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.
Benjamin Franklin

We must not constantly talk about tackling obesity and warning people about the negative consequences of obesity. Instead we must be positive - positive about the fun and benefits to be had from healthy living, trying to get rid of people's excuses for being obese by tackling the issue in a
positive way.
Andrew Lansley

No excuses and no sob stories. Life is full of excuses if you're looking. I have no time to gripe over misfortune. I don't waste time looking back.
Junior Seau

Not managing your time and making excuses are two bad habits. Don't put them both together by claiming you 'don't have the time'.
Bo Bennett

One of my biggest influences of all time would probably be one of my soccer coaches, Coach Darlington, from high school. He was always trying to get me to push myself really hard. No excuses. I always hated him, but it paid off. I think that's what life is all about... when you push through the hard stuff and it pays off.
Jonny Weston

Beast Mode doesn't make excuses. It doesn't complain. Whatever you're doing, go out there and get it done. Keep pushing. If I have a bad game, I think about what I have to do to return to form. Figure it out, go to sleep, and wake up a new man.
Matt Kemp

Negative thinking is subtle and deceptive. It wears many faces and hides behind the mask of excuses. It is important to strip away the mask and discover the real, root emotion.
Robert H. Schuller

It is wise to direct your anger towards problems - not people; to focus your energies on answers - not excuses.
William Arthur Ward

God's plan for enlarging His kingdom is so simple - one person telling another about the Savior. Yet we're busy and full of excuses. Just remember, someone's eternal destiny is at stake. The joy you'll have when you meet that person in heaven will far exceed any discomfort you felt in sharing the gospel.
Charles Stanley

If you really want to do it, you do it. There are no excuses.
Bruce Nauman

I think what's going on in Guantanamo Bay and other places is a disgrace to the U.S.A. I wouldn't say it's the cause of terrorism, but it has given impetus and excuses to potential terrorists to lash out at our country and justify their despicable acts.
Jimmy Carter

Most people don't have that willingness to break bad habits. They have a lot of excuses and they talk like victims.
Carlos Santana

The politics of partisanship and the resulting inaction and excuses have
paralyzed decision-making, primarily at the federal level, and the big issues of the day are not being addressed, leaving our future in jeopardy.
Michael Bloomberg

Regardless of the difficulties we may face individually, in our families, in our communities and in our nation, the old adage is still true - you can make excuses or you can make progress, but you cannot make both! The America I know doesn't make excuses.
Mia Love

Less, Several, Convincing Several excuses are always less convincing than one.
Aldous Huxley

No comments:

Post a Comment